The weather is cool, the sky is dark, and the apples are in season. What better reason to make apple crisp? That and my house is a little chilly, so turning on the oven is always good.
Tuesday, Matt and I went to the school's apple orchard and got 13 pounds of apples. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with all of them, but Matthew was certain we would need them soon.
I found this recipe and it sounded too good to pass up. It's in the oven and smells even better than I could have imagined. 1 hour to go...I should probably get some vanilla ice cream.
We also picked up some pie pumpkins and squash from the married student garden. With the threat of serious frost, they had to be taken home or they would die. We don't want that to happen. So I now have to make some fresh pumpkin puree for pies and bars and cookies. I'm sure my friends will help me get rid of all these sweets. Besides, I could really use the practice on pies. Mine taste fine, but don't look so great. This oughta do it, right?
On a side note...almost done with Giselle 3. It's taking a little longer because I'm also working on making a plaid shirt for my class. Who knew matching plaids would be such a pain in the butt? And because they don't make maternity patterns that would meet the project requirements, I also have to alter my pattern to fit me. So between trying to get the pattern to fit, and hoping that it does, and also hoping that I bought enough plaid to accommodate the alterations...I'm swamped. But it's so much fun. I'm a masochist. I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you seem to be craving apple crisp a lot lately. hmmm...
Post a Comment