I was thinking of doing these...
They just look too good to pass up...and they're made with apple cider--so yum. I'll let ya know how it goes.On a side note, Matt and I tried to make this the other night only to be sorely disappointed...which surprised me because it's one of Her recipes...and that's never happened before.
The recipe calls for chorizo, a cured Mexican sausage.When we initially went shopping we grabbed the only chorizo we'd ever seen at the store before. The result was a bloody, soupy, spicy, salty mass of red goop. But if you look at her pictures of the recipe, the sausage maintains it's shape and doesn't disintegrate the way ours did. Then, while Matt and I were wandering through the grocery store we realized our mistake. Right next to the Italian Sausage was a package of Chorizo sausages...looked just like hers. So the grocery store has chorizo in TWO places and not together, which is why we never thought to look there, which is why we ended up with a mass of bloody red goop.
So I think we might give it another try, only with the RIGHT chorizo sausage.
1 comment:
i HATE CHORIZO!!! i have gotten so sick every time i have eaten that ish!!!
Post a Comment