Background

Monday, October 5, 2009

Brrrrr

It snowed all morning. It's only the 5th day of the month! What are we doing with snow already? Isn't it bad enough that the snow stays until mid-June? Fat and pregnant and ice (and a class at the bottom of the hill) do not mix...doesn't October know that by now? Really, where did my Fall go? I miss you, Autumn. The red leaves, the cool crisp air, all the pumpkins...o the pumpkins...what happened to you?

Well, I decided to pay homage to the first truly gloomy, saddening day of the season. I broke down and made my beans. Mmmmm...warm and sweet and smokey goodness coupled with homemade biscuits. Normally I would have done cornbread, but then I though "I haven't made biscuits in ages", (really, I think I was in high school the last time) so why not?

Now I'm just waiting for Matthew to get home so we can devour it together. I hate eating alone. And even though I wind up finishing alone because them Willis boys inhale their food, at least I'll have company. And maybe a fruit bar for dessert.

1 comment:

Beth (the bread distributor) said...

You know what I can't wait for? For you to have a kid so I can look at something interesting on this blog. Really, I feel like you're getting back at me for all those books you so beautifully paraphrased for me in high school. You know it's the one thing I don't do well!! I'm a visual learner! More photos please. Get In My Belly - or at least let's see some progress on yours. (Is that a strange request? well, o/w)