Since the boys have been gone, Matt and I have been doin' some good eats. No chips and Ramen, no corn dogs or store-bought pot pies. We've had soups and stews, pot roast, homemade chicken noodle soup, and soon we'll be having my favorite beans in the whole wide world...and I'll have to make them before the boys get home because they might just eat some of my ingredients before I get a chance to make 'em. (ahem, my baked beans...I buy them specifically for this recipe only to find that the boys ate them for a midnight snack.)
Anyhow, now that my kitchen is clean and the dishes are done I am actually in the mood to cook something good. Thursday I made Ina Garten's Apple crisp because we had gone to the orchards...oh so good with vanilla ice cream. Yesterday I made cinnamon rolls, and cooked a pie pumpkin to make pumpkin bars. Matt made me Monster cookies...mmm.
I think I might try some new recipes later this week. I'll let you know how they go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You two are eating better than we are. Yesterday I did make a roast in the crockpot, with butternut squash and corn on the cob. And for dessert watermellon. The rest of the week was sam's roasted chicken and then it went downhill from there.
Post a Comment