Background

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Changes

As the semester comes to a close (it's already past halfway!) life is going to get increasingly more hectic for us. We found out that December is going to be the MOST hectic with finals, graduation on the 19th, and move out on the 20th. And I'm pregnant.

I've been waking up almost every morning now with some nasty back pain and a headache. I go to bed with all the pillows I need to support all the new bulges and whatnot, but wake up to find they've been flung to the ground and I'm in pain. Getting up so early in so much discomfort just to go to clean really was not what I had in mind. So I quit my job this morning. I was hoping to make it to at least Thanksgiving, but at this rate, that ain't happening.

So, each morning my husband rubs my back with IcyHot, gets me a heating pad, and I reposition those darn pillows around me just so I can lay down for an hour or so without pain. Then it's off to get ready for school. Fortunately, not working should free up a little more of my time to do things that are good for me...like water aerobics...getting laundry done...keeping up with the boys (teenagers, remember)...and of course, homework.

The next few days are going to be a little rougher than usual because Matt will be leaving for Chicago tomorrow morning and won't be back until Saturday morning. It'll just be me. The plus? I get the WHOLE bed to myself. The downside? I'm on my own again. Who will unload the dishwasher? Who will clean out the fridge? Who will fold the towels for me? O well. I suppose I can do those things. I just like it when he does them instead.

Happy Halloween.

No comments: