Background

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Never Enough Time

Each day I look at all the things I need to do: laudry, dishes, unpack and organize, homework...all the things that NEED to be done. And then I see the list of things that I WANT to do: spend more time with Matt, Pilates, Married Student Garden (volunteer 2 hours per week for cheap produce), our new calling will be starting soon and I have no idea how intensive that will be. I just see so many things piling up and can't seem to find the time to do them all. We don't even have a TV to distract us anymore and I'm still short on time. I looked around me this morning after I got home from work and got really discouraged.

We've been in such a rush each morning that we never bothered to unpack the suitcases...rather, we dumped all the contents onto our bedroom floor to find clothes to wear. I pick them up, sort them and put them on the bed to finally put away...but when we get tired they just wind up on the floor again.

The second bedroom has a mass of boxes with who-knows-what still in them. I was doing really well at staying on top of the dishes until a few days ago...if the clean dishes don't get put away, the dirty dishes don't get clean...a vicious cycle. Laundry has been piling up. Matt's going through clothes like a growing kid...only he's not growing, thank goodness. He just keeps wearing them down, getting stains on them, holes, you know. All hazards of bicycling I suppose.

We've been in the apartment less than two weeks and we've already stained the carpet...twice: spilled shampoo and a spilled blueberry smoothie. In all the years that we have been renting we have never once stained a carpet and now we've done it twice in two weeks.

Something's gotta give.

No comments: