Background

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day Two...

Starting off pretty well. No headache thus far so I was able to ride my bike to work. I'm very pleased with my "new" old bike. It's almost 20 years old but it's new to me and it actually fits me. I couldn't use the pedals that it came with because I couldn't fit my shoes into the toe clips. Fortunately, Matt's new bike came with newer better toe clips. He doesn't need them because he has cleats and clips, so he put the toe clips on my bike. I love them! They're a bit awkward to get into the first few times, and I nearly fell over when I couldn't get my foot out fast enough. But they sure make pedalling easier...more efficient, you know?

So, I cycled to work and then biked home right afterward because I desperately needed a shower. I had to do it as quickly as possible because the maintenance people are supposed to come sometime today to fix our shower. When we moved in we found a rather large crack in our bathtub. I'm not sure HOW you crack a bathtub, but someone managed. So we had to put duct tape over the crack so we could use it for the last few days. Anyhow, maintenance is coming to fix the crack so we can use the shower again.

I'm in the library trying to get into study mode, but I'm just not feeling it yet. Oh well...

UPDATE...

Maintenance came and made the biggest mess I've ever seen. We have fiberglass powder EVERYWHERE. So now, on top of studying, I have to deep clean my apartment. The least they could have done was try to isolate the mess, but they didn't. It's all over the place...and the apartment has a strong chemical smell that's giving me a headache. So Matt and I decided to study outside because inside wasn't working very well.

It's only the second day of classes and already we're beginning to feel a little overwhelmed. This is going to be the most difficult semester for both of us. I'm taking Astronomy, Botany, Macro Economics, BOM Part II (which should be easy, but isn't... it's actually a little unfair because my teacher is making us memorize and recite the Scripture Mastery scriptures. I haven't had to do that for nearly 1o years...meanwhile, the rest of my class are fresh out of seminary or the mission field... oh, and a sewing class. I'm actually hoping the sewing class is easy because I really need something fun to do this semester.

We both ate fettuccine with walnuts last night...mmmm. Actually, they were leftovers. And then we went for ice cream. We shouldn't have, but we both got double scoops; though I didn't really eat my second scoop because it wasn't as appetizing as I had hoped...Snickerdoodle...sounds good, it wasn't really.

Anyhow, now we're working on getting to bed at a decent hour. My hope is to be in bed by 6pm because we wake up at 2:30am. Lately we've been getting in bed closer to 8pm, which means we're only getting around 6 hours of sleep. I think that's contributing to my recent headaches. So, early to bed and early to rise it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need t go to the library so I can be in study mode. It is 9pm and I haven't even started. I can't wait to get my bicycle. I love it. I am so glad you are having fun with your new bike.