I failed...
Actually, I woke up with hints of a massive headache, probably from not getting enough sleep (darn super glue). As a result I didn't think it was a good idea for me to ride this morning. Instead, I drove the car to work.
That turned out to be better for us because Matt was able to drop off his coat (the days are warm but the mornings are still frigid) at the car and I was able to go directly to the grocery store and do this week's shopping. Also, when I DO finally get to go to class (it's 11am and I still have two hours before my first class) I will be driving, which means Matt can drop off his book bag at the car and go for a REAL bike ride. I mean, he is hoping to eventually ride a Century this year, so he'd better start training...right?
I finish class today at 3pm which still gives me enough time to get home and get dinner made. As it is, I've had all morning to do dishes, take out the trash, run a load of laundry, write on the blog, make a few homemade skin care products....
...A few weeks ago my dear husband bought me a book: Natural Beauty at Home. It's recipes for homemade facial cleansers, toners, lotions, creams, toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, conditioners, scrubs, lip balms, perfumes...you get the picture. I've tried a few of them and I'm really pleased with the results.
There's a recipe for a "Country Fresh Dairy Cleanser" which is basically water, milk, baking soda, and an egg white. I was worried it would make me break out or smell like sour milk...but it works great...no zits and no sour smell. I have to keep it in the fridge, though. It's different using a cold cleanser...wakes you up.
And last night I tried a mayo pack (put mayo in your hair, wrap with plastic wrap and wait 20-30 minutes, shampoo). I'd done one years ago and it took FOREVER to get the sandwich smell out of my hair. This one, not so bad. Came out with one washing. It probably helped that I also used a hair rinse. I have eczema on the back of my head, really annoying, and I haven't really found anything to help with it. This book said that vinegar would help so I thought I'd give it a try. So, you mix 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar with 2 cups water. Then after you shampoo and condition your hair, use the rinse, and then rinse with cool water. I'm pleased. I haven't really had to itch my head much.
I think I may try a few more. I made a mint toner this morning, but I can't use it for three days because it needs to cure. It's basically fresh mint, apple cider vinegar, and distilled water. I'll let ya know how it goes.
Anyhow, I need to find something else to do...
UPDATE...
So I finally got to class...first class of the day is Botany...then I have Macro Economics. So far so good. I'm really psyched about this semester and I want to do better than I did last semester...no "B's", right? Tomorrow I have Book of Mormon Part II and Clothing Construction...and I'll be starting my online Astronomy class tomorrow as well. I'm really stoked because that means I'm one semester closer to getting my degree...which really means I'm one semester closer to getting outta here!
On a side note...tried a new recipe tonight. We had breakfast for dinner. Of course it came from Ellie Krieger (my new hero). It was Poached Eggs with Sweet Potato and Herb Roasted Turkey Hash... Throw in a little Frank's Hot Sauce and we're golden! It was actually really tasty and a definite with Thanksgiving leftovers for sure.
Anyhow, I have to go master the molecular structure of glucose right now...more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment