Background

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kinda Crummy...

I woke up today and just didn't feel it...ya know. I mean I've been biking to work the last few mornings, but this morning I just didn't feel like biking. I actually didn't feel like doing much to tell the truth. But I got up and went (drove) to work cleaning the Clarke building. My current assignment is cleaning the teachers' offices...some are immaculate, pristine, beautiful...and others disgust me...how anyone can work like that is beyond me...ugh. In another week I'll be assigned to clean the stairs....oooooh fun.

I got home and got cleaned up and ready for school. Fortunately today I had a really good Book of Mormon class. We're in Alma 32 and were discussing the Zoramites and the Rameumpton and about planting seeds...faith is like a little seed, if planted it will grow (you don't have to sing it if you don't want to)...I thought it interesting how we only think about ONE seed and how it grows into ONE tree. But my teacher had mentioned that each doctrine or principle has its own seed that we need to plant and that our goal shouldn't be one tree but rather an entire gospel orchard. Anyhow...just something to ruminate.

I then went to sewing class. I had no idea my teacher would be such a scatter-brain. It's really quite distracting and I don't think we accomplished as much as she had planned. I'm sure it'll still be a fun class but now I'm wondering why I'm even taking it. I think the disorganization is going to frustrate me to no end...it usually does.

Matt rode his bike to school today (that's right, he's better than me) and got home around 2pm. But all he wanted to do was sit. How dare he. Never mind the fact that he had just ridden a bike carrying a rather large load. I wanted to go do something and he wanted to sit. humph. So we sat, and sat. I caught up on Bejeweled on Facebook. Not one of my most productive pasttimes, but it is fun.

I tried making a nice dinner but it didn't seem to work out. Matt had planned the menu and told me to buy beef tenderloin; however, it was close to $10/lb so that wasn't going to work. So he told me to buy a brisket instead, which I did. Now I know a brisket is a tougher cut of meat than a tenderloin, but it didn't seem to register in my mind when I bought it. In fact, it didn't really register until I went to cook dinner tonight. So I couldn't make the recipe calling for tenderloin because somehow that just wouldn't work right. I tried to modify a recipe but somehow that didn't work right either. In the end we wound up with some of the tastiest tough meat we've ever had. It took a lot to wash down...we splurged with a soda, but it was good. I'm not sure that I'll ever do that again...at least, I hope not.

No comments: