Background

Monday, April 27, 2009

Just Chillin...

This morning was really difficult for me...we got to bed pretty late last night (8pm...I know, late?) Thus, I did not want to get up to go to work. I slept in a little...'til 3am, but finally dragged myself outta bed. It was too cold for me to ride my bike, so I decided to drive while Matt rode his bike. Little did we know that as soon as he got started he would have a blowout. So we both rode in the car to work.

I decided that by driving I would be able to leave from work and go directly to the store to do the grocery shopping before anyone else in Rexburg got there. Yep. Got the groceries, but prices must be rising because I went WAY over budget. The good thing is we have lots of items that should last us a few weeks, so I'm not too worried. But, in an endeavor to save money I decided to fore go purchasing mayonnaise for our sandwiches...

I made it instead. Pretty cool, too, as I have never made homemade mayo before. My arms hurt and my kitchen is a mess but it looks like mayo, smells like mayo, and even tastes like mayo so I'm happy. I'll deal with the mess later. I did learn that I can't make it in the blender because our blender is too big...part of the mess...and then trying to figure out which dishes and utensils would work best made a slightly larger mess on top of our breakfast dishes. Oh well.

I haven't exercized yet today. I HAVE done my homework, but school doesn't start for another 3 hours. I'm still tired. Did a sour cream hair pack...not too bad. I was contemplating using mayo but decided against it...this time. My arms hurt too much to waste it on my hair.

We tried a new recipe last night that was just o so good. A simple take on Chicken Noodle Soup, only ours turned out a little thicker than we anticipated. It's from Ellie Krieger and it's Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup (only ours is more of a stoup...stew and soup). Anyhow, really tasty and really easy.

No comments: