Background

Monday, April 13, 2009

No Way...

I got a bill in the mail the other day from the doctor who performed my surgery in January. It was for $1875. Matt and I both looked at it and wondered how we were ever going to manage that in addition to everything else that's happening. We checked with our insurance to see why they didn't pay it and they said it was because I wasn't covered at the time of the surgery.

Well, now we were both thoroughly confused because I had been covered by them for more than a year, and we know that I definitely WAS covered at the time of the surgery. But we couldn't figure out why they would insist that I wasn't. After a few calls back and forth to both the doctor's office and the insurance company we figured it out. The surgery occurred on 1/4/09...the bill was submitted for 1/4/08...there's the problem. I wasn't covered on that date in 2008, but I most definitely was covered at the time of the surgery. I spoke with the doctor's office and my insurance and they will be resubmitting the bill with the correct date for payment. I'm not sure how much they will pay, but I better not get stuck with $1875 after this mistake. I'm just glad we caught it before it was too late.

Anyhow...gotta go back to packing...I think I have a migraine...first one ever. Yuck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a good thing you figured it out. It is crazy how doctor bills can get screwed up. We have had that happen to us a couple of times.