Background

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Our New Calling

We received a new calling today at church today. Matt and I are going to be teaching the Sunbeams. It will be a great calling. Today's lesson was "I am thankful for fish". We're really excited for this experience...actually, Matt called it this morning. While we were getting ready for church he started speculating as to why the bishopric wanted to meet with us. We figured either one or both of us would be receiving a calling. But it was Matt who said "They'll probably make us the Sunbeam teachers." We both laughed, and I said not likely. Boy, was I wrong. We laughed even more when we were told what our actual calling was going to be. I always knew there was something strange about my husband...now I know, he has the sixth sense. Revelation...it really happens. And, now we get treats during Sunday School! I now have 4-6 Guinea Pigs under the age of 4 to test my spinach brownies on. I'll let you know how it goes.

Next week is Conference and Matt got tickets to the Saturday afternoon session. We'll be taking the train in to the city and will probably watch the morning session at the Tabernacle and picnic in Temple Square. Can't wait.

No comments: