So, last night I was getting a little down on myself. It was weigh-in day and the Biggest Loser was on and I just wasn't seeing any progress. Then it dawned on me. I have Insulin Resistance. A diet that will work for a person with a normal body probably won't work for me...especially since I continue to gain.
Today, after work, I walked to the library in downtown Salt Lake. First of all, for a girl who loves books, I think I found heaven. It was HUGE! It has 5 floors and gardens on the roof. So, I can walk there after work and read in the garden. How cool is that! It also has some shops on the bottom level where they sell used books and coffee and have movies and all sorts of cool things.
Anyhow, I found this book called the Insulin Resistance Diet and I want to try it out. But I don't want to do it alone. So...if anyone out there wants to try it with me let me know. It basically tells you how to "link" your foods so that your body isn't left with too much insulin hangin out, because that's what creates your fat. And, you have to eat a protein with every meal. But I can eat whatever I want...ice cream, cake, pizza, burritos, soda...I just have to "balance" the carbs with a protein.
So...for every 15g of carb, you need 7g of protein. No more than 30g of carb at a meal, but as much protein as you want until you feel satisfied, and as many veggies as I want. And...no more than 30g of carb within a two-hour period. So don't look at the calories or the fat (just make sure to choose the low-fat or fat-free version), but look at the total carbs and the protein....and the serving size.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm insulin resistant as well, and would love to do it. But, I don't know if my mom schedule could. So, I'll let you know soon, because it really sounds like a good idea!
Excellent! Let me know soon, I've got my sisters doing it, too. We're starting a challenge if you wanna get in on it.
Post a Comment