A while back, I was living with a family where the children weren't getting enough "Good For You" foods in their diets. My mother sent me a copy of Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious. Matt and I have been trying some of her recipes, a little at a time. She sneaks fruits and veggies into normal food that kids'll eat, even though we no longer "have kids". They're really tasty.
I'm home alone today, Matt is working, and I thought I'd bake a few items. So...I tried her doughnuts. I don't own doughnut molds, so I used muffin tins. They're delicious. And I just calculated their nutritional value...not bad...only 111 calories per muffin. I've made a few changes to the recipe because Matt and I can't afford to buy everything organic and perfectly healthy.
Here's my version
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 c canned pumpkin puree
1/2 c milk
1 egg white
1 T butter (it calls for melted, but I didn't bother...room temp is fine)
1 t vanilla
1 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t powder
1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
powdered sugar
preheat oven to 350
Mix it all together and pour into greased muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool on rack and dust with powdered sugar. Hide from Matthew.
I recommend the book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment