Background

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Starting Over

I've recently begun trying to follow a diet geared toward people who have Insulin Resistance. It basically advocates balancing carbohydrates with a protein to reduce the effect on your blood sugar.

Last week, I didn't do terribly well. I did okay, but usually fell off in the evening when Matt would break out the ice cream. Sunday evening, after kicking myself for eating that cake and the mashed potatoes, and then weighing myself Monday morning, I decided that I was going to do better. I currently post every day on thedailyplate.com, which helps me track my calories, carbs and proteins. And I found a friend on the website, Amie, who also wanted to do the Insulin Resistance Diet.

We officially started yesterday. I hope to see results at the end of this week. I'm tired of seeing the same number on the scale. Prior to this, I had been tracking my calories, but not what those calories came from (carb vs protein). And, even though I had begun walking 2 miles each day, I still saw no progress on the scale...which was disheartening. Cross your fingers for me...I'll keep you updated.

And maybe we'll post some pictures, eh? (I have to find the camera)

No comments: