Okay...
so this Saturday I will be helping with a bridal shower and I'm in charge of the food. It was going to be in the afternoon, and I had a perfect menu...but the bride needed to change it to a morning thing because she got called in to work for the afternoon.
Now it's going to be more of a brunch-type thing and I'm not too sure what to serve. I can't break the bank, of course. Any ideas or recipes would be very much appreciated. I was thinking maybe some scones and jams and hot chocolate...maybe some fresh fruit...juices...too sweet?...whadya think? Pastries? Cinnamon Buns? Maybe something savory? I'm dying here.
HELP!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Breakfast Casserole [from my friend Kristin]
1 large pkg. Frozen Shredded hash browns, thawed
1 cube butter, melted
1 lb. ham, cubed
8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz. Jalapeno pepper jack cheese , shredded
5 eggs
1 cup milk
Salt and pepper
Instructions: Put hash browns in 9x13 sprayed pan. Pour melted butter over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper [use sparingly, the ham adds salt to the casserole also.] Bake at 425 for 25 minutes. Layer ham and cheese mixture on top of hash browns. Mix eggs and milk. Pour egg mixture on top of hash browns. Bake at 375 for 40 min. Serve with with scallions, fresh salsa, tomatoes, sour cream, and cilantro.
Note: you can bake the hash browns the night before.
a friend made this and cinnamon rolls for a shower
Post a Comment