done Oxycise!? Now that I'm about 10 weeks along my doctor told me to start strengthening my pelvic floor and working on breathing exercises and such. SO...I found this program from waaaaay back when. My dad had originally purchased it for me in high school because I was struggling with my weight and nothing seemed to work. I didn't really try it, though, until I had to lose weight for my older brother's wedding. Sure enough, I lost 20 pounds in 3 months...just from breathing!
I've since forgotten about it, until recently. I've been trying to find some form of exercise that I can do while pregnant that would be safe for me and the baby. Well, this is just BREATHING so how bad could that be, right? And it helps to strengthen the abdominal wall, which I'm told I'll be using a lot, so it must be good.
The program is based on diaphragmatic breathing and isometrics (pushing and pressing and squeezing and such). Most of us are born breathing with our diaphragms, but as we get older we become "chest" breathers and don't use our lungs to their fullest capacity. So we're basically getting fat because our bodies are being deprived of oxygen. So, if we increase our oxygen, then our circulation improves, and our metabolism, and all the other functions of our body because all of those things require oxygen to work well in the first place.
We're gonna give it a try. I'm gonna be taking my measurements over the next few weeks, which probably won't be too terribly accurate because I'm supposed to get bigger over the course of the next few months...let's hope I don't get HUGE.
Anyone else wanna try? It's just breathing, couldn't do any harm, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats Erin. I am so excited for you! Keep us updated!
Post a Comment