This morning I have the Bridal Shower. I have been soooo stressed about the food because we've already spent more than we should. After much debate, and a good railing from my little sister, I finally decided to make it more of a potluck get-together. After all, we're all in college and can't really afford to do anything too over-the-top. And I've been over-stressing about it anyhow. So I asked all of the girls to bring their favorite baked goods, pastries, muffins...tasty things. I'll be providing drinks...juice and milk and such. Much easier, more realistic.
It's almost 8am...I've been making my potluck items...Honey Bun Cake! Mmmmmm. I've taken this to several potlucks and it just disappears.
Anyone wanting to try it? Here's the recipe:
1 yellow cake mix
1 c sour cream
3/4 c oil
4 lg eggs
Mix all ingredients together, 1 min. Beat for 2 min. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
Filling:
1/3 c honey
1/3 c brown sugar
1 T cinnamon
Sprinkle/Drizzle these items over the batter.
Bake the cake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
Glaze:
2 c powdered sugar, sifted
1/3 c milk
1 t vanilla
Mix together and pour over HOT cake.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OH MY GOSH! Is this the same cake you brought over to us once? I am so excited to try to make it. Maybe it will be my project today. That was so tasty. And if it's not the same cake, this sounds so tasty anyway!
Post a Comment