Background

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Almost There

Ahhh.

The end is in sight. I am so excited. I can't wait to be done with classes. I have three finals today: Botany, Economics, and Astronomy. I hope I do remotely well, considering I've missed the most recent classes due to morning sickness. I am happy, though, because after that I just have to show up for my two classes tomorrow and then RELAX!!!! Wohoo!

I won't be working during the 7-week break. My boss said she didn't have anything for me that would be "safe" for a prego lady to do. She doesn't want to be responsible if anything should happen to me while I'm working. So, she told me to take it easy, come back the first week of school and we'll reevaluate my position. This will be my first actual break from working in, o gosh, almost 10 years. I've never had more than two weeks at a time and now I have SEVEN! I'm already daydreaming about the projects I'll finish and keeping my house spotless. Shivers up my spine, I'm so excited. Unfortunately, this also means we won't be making as much as we had hoped, but since Matt is picking up extra hours, technically we're not losing any income.

I have also applied for a desk job at the school, just in case things don't pan out. It's for an Online Course Copy Editor. Would you believe how many mistakes teachers make with grammar, sentence fragments, spelling...I mean, c'mon, that's why we have Microsoft Word...it checks all those things for you. My astronomy class was terrible, just filled with incomplete thoughts. No wonder I've been having trouble in that class. Just so you know, when I read things, I proofread them as well. I'm always finding mistakes in books and articles. It's just something I've always done. I thank Miss Grimes for that...she was my grammar-nazi-fifth-grade teacher. So, hopefully, I get the position. Otherwise, there's always Arctic Circle, right?

No comments: