Background

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Now What?

So the entire time, Matt and I have only been able to think of boy names and NOW we have to find girl names.

Matt seems to be stuck on Samantha, but I'm not sure how I feel about that just yet. I decided to go through the family history and see what names I can glean from that...there are some pretty interesting names...weigh in with comments, please.

Nonavie, Ada, Loma Jane, Myrtle, Maude Edith, Sara Jane, Marva, Viola, Lerona, Ruth, Mona, Augusta Leona, Poectus (I have no idea how to pronounce this) Leona, May Emmiline, Verna Ann, Lona Reath, Lydia Pearl, Henrietta, Dottie, Kattie, Lettie Maria, Zina, Lorraine, Martha Helen, Mildred, Dorothy Evelyn, Mattie Alice, Rebecca Irene, Della Burch, Jo Ruth, Madelyn Clyde, Adolphia, Jessie Christine, Elizabeth Janette, Margaret Witt, Mildred, Pattie May, Nancy, Millie, Stella, Annie, Mary Francis, Melita, and my favorites...Nellie Lella and Katie Della.
These are just from my side of the family. I haven't even ventured over to Matt's side, but I'm a little scared given some of my findings. Some of them aren't so bad, really.

Whadyathink?

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am sure you will find a name you both love. Samantha..........really Matt I am surprised.

Gena said...

Congrats on the girl! I think boy names are harder to think of! You've got quite the list from your family tree! One of these days one will just fit, and you'll both love it! Even if it's not until you meet her! :)

Carly said...

i love the name leona (lee-oh-nuh) so pretty. :)

congrats on the baby girl coming! :)

Carly said...

i realize you were probably referring to the p-name before "leona" when you said you didn't know how to pronounce it. hahaha i believe poectus, in scandinavian pronunciation anyway, would be "payc-toos". :)

Erin said...

I also love Leona, but Matt wasn't too thrilled with it.

However, I believe we may have actually settled on a name for our gal.

We won't say until we're absolutely certain though. There is still a chance it might be a boy...stranger things have happened.

Beth (the bread distributor) said...

I think it would be terribly hilarious if you, miss Wizard of Oz fanatic herself, named her kid Dorothy. Somehow, it almost seems like a terrible waste of an opportunity not to ;)

I didn't know we had a Moaning Myrtle in our family... don't you dare.

I kinda like Emmiline too. AND Ben Folds has a song for that name that I really like.

It would also be quite fitting for you to have a daughter named Millie bc we know she would most definitely be taught the art of a good stew that can stand on its own two feet and she'd have a beautiful hide... where ever she may be.

Jaimie D said...

beth do not encourage her with dorothy!!!! emmaline is an awesome name though, you could call her emma and if you spelled it emmiline you could call her emmi which is equally as cute!!! that ben folds song is the BOMB by the way.

Jaimie D said...

beth PS UPDATE YOUR BLOG DANGIT!!!!