Background

Sunday, September 13, 2009

And So It Begins

Today at church was the first time anyone has ever done this. She came up to me to congratulate me on my pregnancy and, of course, she touched my belly. That's never happened before.

I wasn't quite prepared for how uncomfortable I would feel. I suppose the discomfort factor was a little greater than it should have been because I have TWO bumps...one is baby, the other is fat. I'm sure she thought she was touching the baby, but what she really got was a handful of fat.

I guess I'm the only one that it bothered because no one else seems to realize that the more prominent of the two bumps is everything else that has shifted upward.

I suppose there's more of that in the not too distant future. Grin and bear it...grin and bear it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally had the same thing happen with I was barely 3 months preggo with Shazer. of course at that point he was like an inch and a half long, my uterus was the size of a grapefruit and still really low. so yeah, my old roommate rubbed my belly fat, which was very weird for me. come on people, if you are going to invade our space, at least wait until it's a very, very round belly where you know you are rubbing baby and not just fat! lol! just you wait...