Background

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Giselle Project|Fabric

Matt took me fabric shopping this morning. We spent ALL day looking for the perfect fabric and got so discouraged when all we could find were some pretty plain cottons that were still WAY out of budget. We also hit the Home Decor Fabrics store and found a heavy blue and gold fabric, but that would have had to work for both girls' dresses. I know the parents would prefer they be different but the same, so...away we went.

We finally wound up at JoAnn Fabrics and whodathunk the Perfect Fabric was right at the front of the store screaming at me. Not only is it sparkly but it's also shiny...what every little girl wants. And it was 30% off, so we only paid $3.50/yard.

With all the notions and everything we're only a little over budget, but I'm willing to eat the extra cost.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to take advantage of the sewing facility up at the school...so much space to spread out and work in...ahhhh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great find.! It sounds that you got a nice deal from Joann Fabrics. Well, good luck for your sewing project.