Background

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Giselle Project|One Down...Almost

I still need to tack down the bodice lining, add the zipper, and of course...the ribbon sash. The work is a little shoddy. I wasn't expecting the fabric to unravel so easily, so it was a bit of a pain to work with. That and it stretched like crazy while I was trying to stitch it...but it's not a knit! Hmph. That, and I'm trying to remember the best way to construct a dress (been a while) and I did make a few mistakes along the way...I can't imagine the girls really scrutinizing it though. Otherwise I think I've done pretty well for myself.

I think I might have been able to do a better job if my workspace weren't so cramped. I didn't have access to the school sewing labs today, but I REALLY wanted to see how much I could knock out.

I got a two-year-old, Mia, to try on the mock-up. It took a little persuasion and some brute force but we finally got her to sit still long enough to get it over her head.

It seemed a little big, which is good, because that means there will be room to grow.

Have I mentioned how excited I am for this project? I love it! I can't wait until it is completely finished and I FINALLY get pictures of the girls all dressed up. If only I had thought of this sooner...I would have had the whole summer break to get them done. Oh well.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

the girls are going to be the cutes treat or treaters on the block.