Background

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's Getting Hot in Here...

I've decided that I don't want to be bothered with cooking this next semester. I mean, I'm gonna be in school, much more pregnant than I have EVER been, with three hungry men in the house. I really won't want to be bothered with "what's for dinner" every night. I have decided to do freezer dinners to help remedy that.

So...

I got a little ambitious today. Alberston's was having a sale on chicken breasts...$.99/lb. They had bones and skin, but for that cheap I just couldn't pass it up. I mean, I can clean a chicken breast, no problem. We bought 11 pounds and a few fresh ingredients and then I got to work.

I roasted and cubed some for an unknown purpose in the future...I'm sure it'll be good. I roasted and shredded more for frozen chicken enchilada casseroles. And the rest is marinating, in the freezer, for some fajitas...mmmmmm. BONUS!!! I used the bones to make chicken stock, which will likely also be frozen. Maybe I'll use that cubed chicken for some soup? I don't know. I'll figure out some use for it. I also froze up some peas from the married student garden, left over chili mac, and left over pulled pork. mmmm.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So smart to do all the prep now while you aren't in school. Now if pork and ground beef and rump roast go on sale.

Erin said...

That's what I'm hoping for. I really don't want this kid coming out with feathers. And you can only take so much chicken. I might need a larger freezer, or else I'll be doing this every week. Maybe I'll have the boys buy me a small one. I can only hope.