Hahahaha.
So the apartment cleaning job that Matt found for me...yeah, that wasn't working so well. The managers were fickle and changing their cleanliness standards and operation procedures far too frequently for my impatient brain. There was also a serious lack of communication and a serious lack of responsible competent management.
They had promised that I wouldn't have to do any heavy lifting...and yet, for the last four days, I have had to move and rearrange all the heavy furniture in the apartments. The managers didn't seem to like any arrangement that would help expedite the cleaning process (like working in three or four man teams) but preferred to keep us only in pairs...usually with one strong member and one weak member. With the threesomes, that wouldn't have mattered. With the pairs, it'll make or break you.
This morning, Matt and I decided to pair up with another pair to knock out our two apartments as quickly as possible, and we finished in just over an hour each. Alone, it takes us just over three hours. And it's worse if people are still living in the units because we have to move their personal belongings, but we're not allowed to "touch" their personal belongings. Go figure. And we finally had to resort to bringing our own cleaning supplies (vacuum, rags, broom, mop, windex, etc) from home because the managers forgot to check their inventory...so now I'm cleaning at my own expense...whatever.
It wasn't worth the hassle. They weren't paying us enough...
So, we quit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment