is going to be hectic what with school starting. I knew I needed to make a plan for meals, because we'd get halfway through the week and realize all we had in the fridge was a head of broccoli and some milk.
So I decided to go through the recipes in the Eat to Live book to see what I could make that would be somewhat reasonably priced and still satisfying.
I found lots of smoothies and breakfast ideas, some salad dressings to help spice up our lunch menu, and a few dinner ideas as well. I saw that I could buy almost everything at Aldi, which pleased me. However, there were a few obscure items, and I wasn't sure how much they would cost. Like nutritional yeast...who eats that? Where do you get it?
Answer: I found it at Sprouts for a hefty $6, but it's a large container, so it should last a while.
Tahini? What's that? Apparently it's ground sesame seeds. Like we ever eat sesame seeds in the first place. But it seems to be a leading ingredient in the homemade salad dressings, so I picked some up...not too cheap, but it should also last a while.
I also wound up getting currants (never had those before), sunflower seeds, flax seed, cashew butter, peanut butter, pomegranate juice, and unsweetened soy milk. Again, my thoughts are these are a once-in-a-while purchase, which is the only way I could justify the cost. Otherwise, I managed to get all the fresh produce, which (I hope) will last us the whole week, at Aldi for $60. How awesome is that?
I really hope this works. I want so much to feel better. I'm tired of the heartburn and feeling tired all the time. And I want to see some progress.
This Must Work.
This WILL Work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment