Background

Friday, January 13, 2012

Compromise

I haven't been doing this new lifestyle quite as strictly as the book says I should.  We've been allowing salt, milk, and eggs...it makes life easier and the food more palatable to someone who doesn't understand.  I have cut down the amount of salt significantly, but we still use it.  I also find myself using small amounts of cooking spray and olive oil because, let's face it, cooking with a little fat is easier and it adds a little flavor.  I figure that it's okay because it's a significant reduction in the amount of fat we had been eating prior to the change.  And cutting everything out all at once makes it so much more difficult to stick to the change.

So, this morning's breakfast consisted of veggies (summer squash and zucchini, onion, and tomatoes) grilled up on the stove, scrambled eggs, and black beans...yum.  Of course I used cooking spray...and salt.  But guess what...Ada cleaned her plate, and so did I...Matt is sleeping after a long shift last night.  He won't get breakfast until this afternoon when he wakes up.

I'm still not understanding how he is able to lose weight with all the cheats and his erratic sleep schedule.  It's just wrong.

In any case, I went to the library yesterday and picked up some vegetarian cookbooks to try to get more ideas for foods.  The downside...I was so absorbed in reading that I didn't prep any dinner, so we got Taco Bell (oops).  I think I need to create a food routine/meal plan to make this a little easier on me, especially since school starts on Tuesday.  I'll need to plan ahead to make sure I have meals and snacks when I'm not home so I don't fall off the wagon.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: