We've been doing this new lifestyle for a week now. Matthew has been cheating an incredible amount and still continues to lose. I have had a few cheats here and there. We determined that we would have one "normal" meal each week. So on Saturday we ate pizza. I only had two slices and still had my huge salad along side. As long as we're (I'm) doing really well during the week I don't see how it would be a problem. And that way Matt and Ada don't feel as deprived. We've also had to give in on crackers and cheese sticks for the Rotten One. She's addicted to cheese. She would sit and eat it all day if I'd let her. It's the first thing she asks for when she wakes up in the morning and the last thing she asks for just before bed. Cheese.
I am noticing my face seems a little thinner. But everything else still looks swollen and fat.
Because we've been doing so much veggie prep for snacking and salads, I asked Matt if we could get a food processor. They have ones that will chop, shred, and slice, which would be phenomenal. So he picked one up on Monday from Kohl's. It's the Food Network 3-cup mini processor/chopper. And after two days' of use I am terribly dissatisfied. Yesterday I thought I'd use it to slice cucumbers...but it pulverized them. Even on the low setting, they just came out in a clump of paper-thin slices. Then I thought I'd shred some carrots and cabbage to use in our salads. It turned out to be the finest shred I've ever seen...like I'd just made carrot and cabbage snowflakes. It all clumped together and made for a strange texture in our salads. So today I decided to make some chili. I thought I'd give the chopper one last chance. So I used it to chop the onions and peppers. I wound up with baby food. Not sure what went wrong. All the online reviews said it was a wonderful processor, but maybe I'm too picky. In any case, I have decided I want the new Kitchenaid Food Processor they have on the commercials...the one with external blade control. That's the one I want.
Today was also a first for us...we ate tofu. Neither Matt nor I had ever had it (that we know of). But when we went shopping Matt found some on sale for 50 cents because it was about to expire. So we searched the web for a good recipe and found one for vegetarian chili on the Whole Foods website. It turned out okay, but was seriously under-spiced. So we'll be playing around with that one until it's just right.
Otherwise, I met with my practicum supervisor today for school and I start classes next week. I'm excited and anxious all at once. I hope that this semester turns out well and that I'll be able to juggle everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment