Background

Friday, January 6, 2012

Disappointment

This evening, after finally getting Ada to sleep, I realized that I would have the ideal time to do a workout while she sleeps.  So I dug through a box and found one of my favorite workout videos.  I have several go-to videos that I really like...used to have more but the Post Office inherited a few when one of my boxes ripped open.  Merry Christmas.

This was a beginning Pilates workout that I used to do way back when.  I was single and living in Phoenix.  My younger sister, aunt, friend, and I would all get together and do a workout several nights a week after work.  Some of the workouts were silly belly dancing videos, or hula dancing videos.  Those made us laugh more than anything else.  But during that time I discovered Pilates and fell in love.  Those were some good memories.

I remember I got to the point where I could do this workout without really breaking a sweat...which is when I started to delve further into the realm of Pilates.  At the time I was doing an hour of yoga each morning, walking or biking to and from work, and then doing another workout in the evenings.

Then I got married, got comfortable, and had a baby.  And while my abs have sutured up nicely from the surgery, I realized tonight while attempting this favorite, once easy-to-do video, that they have no strength.  I couldn't even finish the darn thing.  I'm so disappointed.

And so a new resolution is born.



No comments: