Background

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Holy Headache, Batman

We did really well with our meals yesterday.  But today both Matt and I have the world's worst headaches.  Mine woke me in the middle of the night and kept me up for several hours (because I hate taking pain meds if I can avoid it).  I had always thought we'd done pretty well eating fairly healthily.  But you never realize just how addicted you are to those breads and pastas until they're gone and the withdrawal ensues.  I hope this doesn't last too long so that we can get back to normal life.

Otherwise, breakfast was quite tasty.  I grilled up some cut up veggies...onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and zucchini.  Really tasty; Ada devoured it.  And it almost totaled the 1lb of cooked veggies recommended...which surprised me because it didn't look like I had expected it.  We'll probably do a salad with some walnuts, tomatoes, carrots, and cucumbers for lunch.  And then finish the broccoli and cauliflower with some beans for dinner.  I liked finishing out the day with a fruit smoothie last night, so I think we'll try that again.

How's everyone else doing with their resolutions?

No comments: