Background

Friday, December 5, 2008

What a Week

I guess it just seems longer than it used to. But, since I've been sick, this week seems to keep dragging on. I wake up every morning dreading my day at work. I actually wake up feeling just fine. I never used to wake up happy except on Christmas and Birthdays, but now I do on most days. Then I actually GET UP, and go take a shower. About 30 minutes into my day the nausea starts and that's what makes everything seem to drag on. Breakfast ain't easy, especially when I have to try to take pills and keep 'em down. This morning nausea has only recently started. Last week it was mostly afternoon and evening, but now it seems to be shifting to earlier in the day.

For some reason, I have NO desire to eat chocolate. What's wrong with me? I have never heard of a pregnancy that made chocolate sound/taste awful...until now. All I really want is meat and salads. A few days ago, I REALLY wanted bacon. Don't ask me why, but I wanted it, bad. It was my dessert on Wednesday. Yeah, in lieu of chocolate, I chose bacon.

We've been eating salads all week this week and I love 'em. Can't get enough of them. And the great thing is, I have a huge supply of salad recipes, thanks to my Mom for the Hungry Girl Cookbook.

So far, I would have to say that my favorite was the Taco Salad from last night. Oh so good.

3 c romaine lettuce, chopped
2/3c warmed vegetarian chili, low-fat is best
1/4 c chopped tomato (I used salsa...mmmm)
1/4 c fat-free shredded cheddar ( for some reason, my cheese-mongering husband actually forgot to buy the cheese, so we went without and it was still good.)
2 T light sour cream
1 T sliced black olives
6 baked tortilla chips (I just used regular), crushed
1/4 t taco seasoning

I also added some black beans and roasted corn. It was soooooo good. And all this is for one person. It's HUGE!

The previous night, we had a chopped Chinese Chicken salad. Also, way good. Especially with the Walmart brand Honey Mustard dressing. It has a little kick to it. I think they use hot mustard to make that stuff, but it went so well.

Anyhow, this morning I wasn't feeling too well...go figure. So I stayed home from work. I don't think I've been getting enough sleep lately, which I think is beginning to affect me, so I'll try to catch up on it this weekend.

I have the best husband. And he is just so excited, though I'm sure he wasn't too thrilled with the crying this morning. But he has been so supportive and so attentive, it's almost annoying. I love him.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Try eating a couple saltines before you get out of bed. It may help with the nausea.

Carly said...

Being dead tired is just the name of the first trimester. It's a real bummer to have to do ANYTHING those first few months haha! :)

Take your prenatals at night and have a piece of toast ready by the bed to eat while you're still laying there, have Matt bring it to you or make it ahead the night before and be prepared that way. It really helped me out, it's worth a shot!! :) Good luck!