Background

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Was I Out of Line?

Alright, so I'm pregnant. Okay? So, I have a little trouble getting to sleep at night, what with the indigestion and nausea. So, Friday night, after tossing and turning and trying to get comfortable and failing completely for hours on end, I finally managed to fall asleep. Yay! Only to be woken up at 2:30am by my neighbor's piano playing some stupid monotonous tune. Seriously, if you've ever heard Judy Garland singing "Mr. Monotony", you know what I mean....Boring and annoying.

Being pregnant as I am, and uncomfortable, and tired, and more than a little annoyed, I decided I needed to do something to quiet him down. Well, rather than get dressed and walking over to knock on his door, and rather than call the police for a noise ordinance violation, I decided to walk over to our shared wall and knock loudly. It did the trick, but then I heard someone screaming and yelling a few choice words for a brief moment before quieting down. And then I was finally able to sleep.

The next day, our neighbor confronted Matt, probably thinking that Matt was the one who knocked, and told him that we (more accurately, I) really pissed him off and he would have preferred I call the police on him instead. He stated that he and his friend were actually going to come over and kick our trash for knocking on the wall.

What bugs me is that his friend is an employee of the apartment complex, he's the maintenance man, and I would think he would be more inclined to obey the noise ordinance policy of his employer, and I certainly wouldn't think he would want to beat up any other residents for fear of losing his job and his apartment, right? But, of course, we don't live in the best of neighborhoods, and the quality of residents/employees is really quite poor.

So....was I out of line?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

no but I don't want anything to happen to you because of his poor attitude.

A little Birdie... said...

Ugh, that makes me mad just reading it! Don't worry, we don't have any annoying neighbors here! Just the pitter patter of a crawling baby upstairs (in a few months). And the freeway...but I'd like to see you stop that :)