Background

Friday, December 12, 2008

And So It Begins

Yesterday was my last day of work. I decided I would need as much time as possible to pack everything, and to clean the apartment so we get our deposit back. The thing that bugs me is you're supposed to leave it the way you found it. But if we were to do that, we would lose our deposit. I'm afraid that, with the complex under new management, they may just keep our deposit and blame us for the wear and tear on their "luxury suite". So, this'll be fun. I can tell.

To top it off, I haven't been feeling well lately, so cleaning and packing is really not something I want to do right now. However, the bathroom is almost COMPLETELY done. The only thing left is the shower (which I'll let Matt do) and mopping the floor, which I'll do just before we leave. Otherwise, everything has been scoured and will just require a quick wipe down before we lock the door and turn in our keys.

I tried cleaning the ceiling fan in our kitchen area, but it's so caked in grease and black goop, that no matter how hard I try, it still looks dirty. And, it's right under/next to a vent which blows dust and dirt out of the ducts and right back onto the fan. Whoever planned this was real bright, eh?

I'm supposed to be sorting laundry right now, but can't seem to bring myself to doing it. I feel overwhelmed with all the stuff we have to do. Matt should be home in a bit (his last day of work) and I hope isn't disappointed with how little I've actually accomplished.

O well. On a side note, I made some baby socks a while back and gave them to my sister to try on her new baby...and they fit! So she wants some more. I'm gonna try to knock out as many pairs as I can. I think that's something I can do on the airplane on our way to Chicago. So that oughta be nice.

Anyhow, pictures when I get a chance...and when I find my camera.

No comments: