Background

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Look What We Found

Okay. Matt and I are moving on Tuesday, early early early in the morning. So we've been trying to get everything packed and organized and ready to go for the last few days. Today, my dear husband decided to empty the dresser and move it out of the way so we could vacuum behind it and clean it up.

And this is what we found...


...black stuff along the wall, and some orangey watery-stained stuff under the dresser.

And our new bed, literally bought new in February. Well, now....



...we have water damage.

I called my dad and asked what I should do, and he gave me some really good instructions on how to fix the water damage as best as possible. But that's not what I wanted to hear.

So, I called my awesomest uncle, a realtor and landlord for many years, and asked him what I should do about it. He said to go into the office with pictures and ask for a refund of December's rent in addition to our security deposit.

Well, I took some pictures into the office and talked to the staff and they seemed very grossed out, which I think bodes well for my case. But then they told me that the manager is the person I need to talk to and I need to come back on Monday to do that. So I'm a little bummed. I do believe I may have found the cause to the water damage, though. just outside our wall, there lies a sprinkler. Now I recall one Thursday earlier this summer where the sprinklers were left on all day and all night. So, I'm wondering if that's when it may have happened. In any case, that's not our fault and we shouldn't have to pay for it.

Hopefully, we can get some of our money back, but the staff said good luck with that. They're tightwads. Of course, I could threaten to call the Health Dept and the EPA for the mold hazard...especially since I'm pregnant and very concerned. ;)

I hope this works.

No comments: