Background

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We're Here

Yesterday, we woke up bright and early. Actually, I woke up bright and early because I wasn't feeling well. I realized I was hungry, so I woke Matt up and asked him to go get me some breakfast. I'm finding I need protein in the mornings...Eggs and/or some kind of meat. Cereal, breakfast bars, all those other breakfast type foods make me sick in the am. They're fine later in the day, but not first thing in the morning.

When he came back with breakfast he said it was beginning to snow hard. So we high-tailed it out of Salt Lake as quickly as we could. He drove the U-Haul while I followed in our car. I don't know that I'll ever do that again while pregnant. Because we had left in such a hurry, we hadn't stocked up on water bottles or snacks for the trip. So when we hit Ogden, I was so thirsty I couldn't stand it anymore. I tried signalling to Matt in front of me, flashing my brights, putting on my hazards...anything to get his attention. But apparently he couldn't see me. I never thought something as simple as thirst would make me bawl or get so pissed off. But, it did.

I decided to try to pull in front of him and then slow him down. It worked. And I got my bottle of water and a snack. FINALLY! Actually, this whole pregnancy thing slowed us down by about an extra hour, what with potty stops and snack stops. I hadn't anticipated that, and I don't think he had either.

But we made it, safe and sound. And we love our new apartment (Thanks Heather & Cory). We'll post pictures once we've unpacked, which probably won't be until after the new year. Our internet is currently down at the apartment, so I'm in the library on campus.

I had my doctor's appointment today. Yep, I'm pregnant. And I'm relieved to find out that I can continue taking my medicine during the pregnancy. I just have to locate a baby catcher now.

I'm starving. I'll post more later. Hopefully the internet gets fixed soon.

No comments: