On Wednesday we began our journey to Arizona to be with my family for the Thanksgiving Holiday. We left at 4:30am and got there in the late afternoon, and we had a passenger to split the cost with. We spent most of our time over at my aunt's house with my cousins, minus one (he's in Brazil). I miss him. Anyhow...I found out that my cousin Jaimie will be spending a semester in Italy and will be leaving on Dec 27th. Her boyfriend will be going with her to show her how to get around, and then she'll be on her own until March. I want to go but , alas, I cannot justify the expense...yet.
Sadly, while visiting I spent most of my time becoming more acquainted with the bathroom. For some reason traveling and I haven't been getting along lately. So, while I was stuck at home I thought I'd put all that time to good use...making winter things for Jaimie's trip. Seeing as she lives in Arizona, she doesn't have a lot in the way of hats, gloves, and scarves.
She decided on an acrylic yarn, which is not quite the quality either of us would have chosen but was in the budget, and chose a deep autumn red.
I made her this really cool hat

and have just started this really great scarf pattern that I found at smariek.blogspot.com

I'll take pictures when I can.
3 comments:
That scarf is just darling!! Oh I wish I knew how to croche (sp?) (or knit) as well as you! Its just beautiful!
More photos!! more photos!! I bring the Vieve over to see her aunt and uncle and there's no pictures of you guys for me to show her!! The blankets are darling though - you should've taken a picture of Jaimie in that hat though... would've been a much cuter picture :)
I DID take a picture of Jaimie in the hat, but it turned out looking a little too Goth. We had some really bad lighting. So I'm waiting for her to send me updated photos.
Post a Comment