This weekend was the weekend of SALES! Apparently Mervyn's is going out of business and a lot of stuff has been discounted. I'm not quite understanding why they're still getting in new merchandise, but everything else is reduced. We went to two different locations and got a few shirts for only $4. They're so cute. I did splurge and spend $8 on one but it's so difficult to find anything large enough to go around me. And the shoes...a girl needs new shoes every so often.
I had also gotten a coupon from Lane Bryant for $15 dollars free stuff and we had been planning to use it on Friday, but we got so caught up at Mervyn's that we didn't get the chance. Good thing, too, because we got a phone call informing us that Everything in the store would be discounted 25% the next day...so we waited and went on Saturday. I love Lane because they're the only place that makes bras that actually fit this girl (boy did I need a new one), and their jeans look hot on me. Well, the bras were BOGO and the Clearance rack had some great stuff. We saved over $55 and spent less than the price of one bra. I made out like a bandit this weekend.
Matt wasn't totally neglected either. Unfortunately none of the men's clothing was AS discounted as the women's. However, we finally purchased this really great docking station for the iPod. It has an alarm clock, sound machine, radio, and can get really loud... so we plug it into the computer when we watch movies.
Life has been really good to us. Thanks for the early Christmas, Stephanie!
My mother, on the other hand, left me with a large stack of flannel blankets that are requiring a pretty lace edging (pictures will follow), and I also got a rather large box of baby yarn. Woohoo! I finally have something to do, though I'd better do it quick before my next semester starts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment