Background

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust...

They're slowly disappearing. Ever so slowly. Last year, when Mom gave me blankets to work on I had so much more time. I did them during church, sometimes at work, anywhere I could. This year, things are a bit different. I can't work on them during church; I have to be in Primary. There's two hours down the drain. And I can't do them while I wait for phone calls because I don't take phone calls. I used to be able to do one-a-day. Now it takes almost a whole week.


This week I managed to knock out two of the cutest blankets. Mom weren't kidding. The blankets this year are just as cute, if not cuter, than last year's.

I love the colors on this one. And the front is actually little lions, zebras, and giraffes. How cute is that? I decided to do the pretty picots (pee-KHOZ) , not sure why, but I think they look great anyhow. They're a little difficult to see except at the top where they meet my blue bedspread. Really quite pretty. They kinda remind me of the Onion Building in Russia. Now if only I had some vibrant colors to work with.



Anyhow...this next blanket is one of my favorites. I had to name it. Couldn't resist. I call it "Resistance is Futile." I used to love Marvin the Martian, and when I found this blanket all decked out in aliens and spaceships, I just couldn't help myself.


I realize the edge is a little difficult to see. You see...I'm not a photographer, nor do I have ANY photographic talents in me. And my talented friends are nowhere near me to help me with my portfolio. So deal with it, okay?

Next week is Thanksgiving and Matt and I are going to Phoenix to visit my Grandparents, Aunt and Uncle, and my Cousins. At that time, I'm hoping to unload as many of these blankees on Grandma as possible because I know she has another batch waiting for me at her house. I don't think I'll ever be finished. I suppose it's a good thing I actually enjoy this stuff. If only I had more colors of thread to work with. White is so dull sometimes.

On a side note, my mother-in-law found this.




Someday, I may learn how to quilt. However, I hope that I get one of these.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You do such beautiful work I wish I had a baby to wrap one of those darling blankets around!

What am I saying. It is late and I am going to bed before I say anything else that close to crazy.