On Friday, Matt and I left for Illinois to go visit our family. It was his parents' 30th Anniversary and we were going to surprise them. We got in around 6:30 that evening but couldn't go to my parents' because Stephanie was there with Emilie and Jon. She had been in Woodridge to show them a house that was for sale and that was just cutting it a little too close. Woodridge isn't very big and we might run into each other. That would have spoiled everything. So I didn't get to enjoy Halloween, or see the kids in their costumes, or carve pumpkins or anything. Bummer. I didn't even get to see my dad because he was at the Institute Dance. He's an Institute teacher and apparently had the awesomest pumpkin face ever...seriously freaky, I saw the pictures.
Matt and I were staying at my sister Beth's house, which was wonderful because we got to spend lots of time with VV. She's so funny, and she and I were both miserable with a cold, yuck. When I finally buy a house, I gotta get Beth to help decorate. Hers is soo cute.
We got to bed really late on Halloween. Nothing seemed to go right. So we finally got to bed around midnight and then we had to wake up early on the 1st because my sister-in-law Rachel was coming to get us at 8:30 so we could do the grocery shopping and party prep, and so we'd stay hidden from Stephanie.
I don't like traveling because I get off of my schedule with my medicine, and I don't usually get to eat as regularly as I need to, or as well as I need to. By mid-day I was feeling like crap, but the party went really well, and I was glad that we had plenty of food. We also learned to buy more drink than you think is necessary...guests go through the drinks more quickly than the food.
Most of my family came to the party, but I still hadn't seen my dad yet because he was working. Bummer. I did, however, get to see my grandparents who were in from Phoenix. My grandma loves the autumn, like me, and flies up every October to spend a few weeks with Mom and a season other than Hot. After the party we all went to Matt's parents' house and just hung out. We stayed up late again that night, too.
For Sunday we went to church at my home ward. I saw a lot of people whose kids I had grown up with, and some that I'd babysat...gosh they're big. I feel old. We only stayed for the first meeting because we needed to leave for the airport by noon to get there on time. So my grandma packed us a lunch and I FINALLY got to see my dad.
I hate only being there for a day or so. I wish I could spend more time with my family. It's my favorite time of year, too, and it's so beautiful there. I want to spend more time with my neices, they hardly know me. VV warmed up fairly quickly, but Aubrey won't come near me yet. At least we get to go to Phoenix for Thanksgiving and see my grandparents and my Aunt and Cousins. And then back to Chicago in December. That is my only consolation.
In the meantime, I'm home sick with a cold and possibly an ear infection. I've been nauseous the last few days and I think it's because my medication schedule is off. So I'm using today to try to reset that.
I hope everyone else had a wonderful Halloween.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for coming.
Post a Comment