To know what happens. Last Friday Matt bought me the first book in the Twilight Saga. I finished in two days. Couldn't put it down. On Monday, he bought me the second book, New Moon, which I finished in three days. Now that I'm ready for the third book, Eclipse, he refuses to buy it for me. I've already checked the library and can only find it in Spanish, the English copies are all checked out. I think he's hesitant because it's only available in hard cover which means it's more expensive. We got Twilight at Walmart for $8 and found New Moon at Deseret Book for $11 with a serious discount (we had a coupon for 20% off and had some bonus bucks...he paid $1.50). I'm trying to convince him that he didn't really purchase the second book and should therefore pay for the third, but he isn't going for it. I think he misses me a little when I read...I get in my zone and will not be interrupted. I don't know which monster I love more. I'll have to wait until my friend's finish Eclipse so they can maybe lend it to me. In the meantime, don't tell me what happens.
On a side note, I haven't been allowed to ride my bike the last few days. On Wednesday, on his way home Matt took a corner a little too quickly and wound up with road rash along his right forearm and hip. I got home and found him oozing on the couch and took him to Urgent Care where they cleaned him up a bit. But he doesn't want me riding without him, and his bike is...not in good working order. So we have to get his tuned up when we get mine done. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get that done so we can go for a nice ride on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ouch!
Post a Comment