First of all, we managed to sell my piece-of-junk bicycle that we had gotten from Wal-mart. And we actually made $10 on the sale. Yeah! One less thing to worry about.
On Saturday, my wonderful husband suggested that we go for a bike ride along the beautiful Jordan River Parkway. It was fabulous! I was actually able to keep up with my slightly more practiced, more in-shape husband. We rode nearly 10 miles in an hour and I was pooped but very happy at how well my bike responded on the ride. My other bicycle would have fallen apart halfway through the journey, and maybe again at the end.
With such a great experience on Saturday, we actually decided to ride in to work together on Tuesday. Seven miles each way and I actually managed to make it in 40 minutes. On my other bike, to get to work, it took an hour to ride 5 miles. What a difference. I actually got to work earlier than I had anticipated. So excited.
But now my thighs are killing me and my right knee is a little tweaked. I'm going to take advantage of being able to ride with Matt while I can before he starts his new internship in Provo. By that time, I hope to be able to ride at least 4 times a week, eventually 5 days to work and a Saturday ride with Matt. I might need to pick up a picnic basket and a rack for my bike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment