Bit of wisdom for the day: The bitterness of poor quality remains longer after the sweetness of a great price disappears.
So, I've been riding my bike to work several times a week for the last few weeks. Again, we got a really great deal on a WalMart bike for me, and we were really excited about it. I'm not so excited anymore.
Starting tomorrow, my commute will be increasing by about 2 miles...almost the same as Matt's, just short by 3 blocks. So that'll be 14 miles every day to get to and from work...7 each way. I was reassigned by the Temp agency and will begin working for Wells Fargo in their downtown building tomorrow.
Anyhow, my bike is not a road bike. It's a cruiser and was designed for leisurely rides, and probably not for long distances. The wheels grip the road really well, and the gears are pretty rough. They don't shift very well...lag time and a lurch each time I shift. Last week, my rear wheel wasn't spinning so well. So Matt loosened up the brakes. We thought maybe they were too close to the wheel. Yesterday morning, as I was pulling my bike out to begin my commute, I noticed that neither of my wheels would spin. I checked to see if it was the brakes, and it wasn't. So I had to sit there and forcibly spin the wheels until they started moving again...and they were very sluggish all day. Today, the back wheel is still difficult to spin, the gears suck, and my chain fell off....this is a new bike!
I want Matt's bike! Matt.....puhleeeezzzz?!
Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I suggest you return your bike and get a refund. Then buy one like Matt's for yourself.
Post a Comment