Background

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We Have Air Conditioning!!!

We have been roasting almost the entire summer. When we initially inquired about our air conditioning, we were told that our unit didn't have one. So we bought some fans and have had them running almost non-stop. Last week, maintenance came into our unit to check something and mentioned something about our a/c. I informed him that if we had one, it wasn't working. He asked if we had reported the broken air conditioner to the office, which we hadn't because we had been informed that we didn't even have one.

I reported the broken unit on Saturday and was told that it would take a week before they could check on it. I came home from work today, opened the door, and felt a rush of cold air. There was a notice from maintenance. It's fixed! We actually DO have one! I am so excited! Too bad we're already halfway through the summer.

Today is a beautiful, stormy day. I think I'll make chili beans.