Background

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eat to Live...Thus Far

I've been doing this whole nutritarian thingy since Saturday and haven't really achieved much in the way of results. It probably doesn't help that we went to a Brazilian steakhouse for my sister's birthday on Tuesday (I gained 5 pounds that night!)

I am excited to be eating more fruits and veggies, but I think I will continue to consume bread and milk, maybe a little cheese. Possibly eggs. And I will likely continue to use olive oil when I cook. I think I'd like to keep most of what I eat fresh produce and just supplement with a few other items, which I know are forbidden on the initial phase of Eat to Live. I'm hoping that I will still lose a little weight, but that this diet would be a little easier for my family to wrap their heads around. It seemed to baffle them, and Matt was really weirded out by it. So, we'll take it a little at a time and work from there.

I went to the library the other day and picked up a few vegetarian cookbooks, trying to find ideas on how to cook this produce. Seriously, five books, and not many recipes that I can really use on the strict phase. Most of the recipes seem to be soups...from one book, which I suppose would be really tasty with some crusty bread. Anyhow...I've compiled a blog of the recipes I want to try and will be making modifications from there. I will also be scouring the library for more books and ideas. If anyone out there has any other tasty meal ideas, please send it my way.

Mom just got a book called Artisan Bread in Five Minutes which she says is amazing. So I might get her to whip up some multi-grain bread dough for me. We'll see.


1 comment:

Carly said...

erin- this website saves me almost daily! :) http://fatfreevegan.com/ good luck hon! :)