This morning we had an easy take on Baked Eggs Florentine...only it was made in a frying pan.
I found it on Kalyn's Kitchen, my new favorite recipe blog. It's almost completely SBD recipes. And she lists which phase the recipe is for and how to modify for other phases. We've tried several of her recipes and they've all been quite tasty.
Fried Eggs in Olive Oil & Wilted Greens
couple handfuls of spinach
1-2 eggs
and I add Parmesan instead of Sumac
Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add a little olive oil. Add several handfuls of spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from pan and set aside. In skillet, heat some olive oil over medium and fry up an egg or two. Fry it however you like it...sunny side up, over easy, really overdone...whatever. Put the eggs on top of the spinach and a little Parmesan on top of that. Really tasty with a glass of V8. It's a good way to get those dark leafy greens into your diet.
Anyhow, school starts tomorrow and I have so much to do today to get ready.
::sigh::

3 comments:
good luck erin!
we did south beach too. after learning more about it from the fuhrman perspective, it's really not a lifestyle diet though- great results that don't last and it's really pretty hard on your heart. i would defiintely recommend reading eat to live by dr. fuhrman. it is really awesome, basically the word of wisdom in common sense eating form. :)
good luck!
Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna do SB until I can find that book and look a little further into. SBD was actually recommended to me by my OB. My Chiro wants me to do HCG, but that's just glorified anorexia...anyone would lose weight on 500 calories a day. My doctor figures that any diet that yields results now is better than nothing. Basically, SBD is healthier than being obese. So that's what we're working with.
For sure! :) Good luck Erin! I have a long way to go too. :)
Post a Comment