Background

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Eat to Live

I know that I had initially begun doing the South Beach Diet. However, one of my friends recommended that I read Eat to Live. I was skeptical, having never really been one to embrace vegetarianism, let alone the vegan life. I love my beef and chicken too much, and will readily admit to being a sugar addict.

Now that I have read the book I feel that the author presented enough convincing evidence for me to give it a shot. The only factor that would have really prevented my trying the diet would have been the cost. When I initially mentioned it to Matthew he thought that it would be too expensive and that we wouldn't be able to continue it. He's not willing to give up the meats; so he'll continue with SB. We did our initial grocery shopping yesterday, and wouldn't you know, it wasn't all that bad. We spent most of today doing all of our food prep for the week...I'm still not done.

I'm exhausted. And I have a lesson to prepare for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Carly said...

you are awesome erin! lets be eat to live buddies. :) i do incorporate small amounts of chicken and fish right now, and i have more grains than he recommends in the first 6 week because i'm nursing. :)
you will see fast sustainable results, i promise! :)