Background

Monday, January 10, 2011

Tubby No More...Someday

It's the New Year. We all know what that means. As usual, I have decided it's time to drop some weight. Actually, it's time to finally get rid of what Ada so kindly gave to me, especially since she'll be one in a month. I've had almost 12 months to drop it and I haven't. Better late than never, I suppose.

I don't want to be the mother who can't keep up with her rambunctious child. I want to be able to run and play with her...and catch her before she gets into trouble, which I know will happen because she's a Willis ;) and there's no denying it.

But mostly, I want to be healthy again. I want to be able to run again. I used to love running as a kid, but it hurts now. I want to be able to do so many things. I want my husband to be able to carry me (he's doing this with me, so there better be improvement on both sides).

I'm tired of being tired, of aching backs, of not being able to buy off-the-rack cute clothes.

So, Matt and I will be doing the South Beach diet. He will also be incorporating Fiber One bars into his diet to help him feel full; because, let's face it, he's a bottom-less pit. I will be doing Zumba (so fun) and yoga to help with the weight loss. I only hope I can keep up during school.

My goal is to ultimately loose 80 pounds. That sounds like a lot, so we'll start small. I want to be
I want to be 10 pounds lighter by Ada's Birthday (2/11/11)
25 pounds lighter by my birthday (7/25/11)
35 pounds lighter by Halloween (my favorite day)
And I'd love to be 60 pounds lighter by Christmas...that's 5 pounds a month...just over 1 pound each week.

I'll be keeping track and I hope y'all will help keep me honest while we do this.

1 comment:

Carly said...

read eat to live by dr fuhrman, it'll not only change your life but that weight loss will happen much faster than you're estimating. :) and... honestly, it's such an easy diet for me i don't feel deprived in the least. (i was expecting to feel a little deprivation, but after going gun ho on it i can see i was wrong!)