No, I'm not actually running, though I'm sure it would do my body good.
Ada has been growing like a weed. Seriously, she's only 2 but she's wearing some of the size 4 hand-me-downs she's gotten from her older cousins. And while many of the 2-3T still fit her, they are becoming quite short, to where they've become more of a tunic than a dress. So, Matt and I got to discussing whether we should fork out some money to buy her clothes or just wait to see what happens.
I've been scouring the internet for ideas and have found several ADORABLE tutorials online that I wanted to try. We both decided that any more than $8 for a dress/outfit was probably more than we were willing to spend to clothe our "weed". So I set out to see if it could be done...can I make adorable clothes for my girl which would average out to less than $8/outfit.
I went to Hobby Lobby to search out the cute cute CUTE fabrics and absolutely fell in love with this CLASSIC white and gray chevron. Then I looked at the price: $6.99/yard. Fortunately, my "weed" probably won't require more than 1-2 yards of fabric for a dress, which really cuts down on the cost. I figured a yard would be sufficient to make this dress from Sewing in No Mans Land.
When combined with my 40% off coupon, I wound up only spending $4.18 + tax. Throw in any notions (which I already had on hand...ie thread, and a button from an old pair of Matt's pants) and the whole dress probably cost around $8, which makes me quite happy...that was even enough to make the matching bias tape (which usually eats up a ton of fabric).
And it went together so quickly. I didn't even need a pattern. I am stoked.
So, whadya think...
I have a little extra fabric left over, so Rapunzel might wind up getting a matching outfit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Adorable. I think we should put a brick on the sweet model's head so she doesn't grow so fast!
Post a Comment