I finally completed Merida's blue gown and sent it on it's way to Aubrey in Phoenix.
I have also completed a green hunting gown for one of the Rakozy girls. It's more complicated than the blue dress because you have to keep in mind that a young child will be wearing it. So I can't have it be period appropriate (which is the way I'd make it if it were for me). I couldn't do a full-length chemise to go under it because that makes the whole outfit freakin heavy. And it's easiest to just put on one item rather than several. I've had a hard time with the closures. The pattern calls for a lace-up closure, though a zipper would probably work well. But to make the dress last longer and fit better while the kids grow, I tried using snaps placed at different intervals. But the snaps won't stay installed. They keep popping out. So I've had to resort to using velcro. It's not as pretty, but it's functional.
Now I just have one more blue dress for the Rakozy's and another dress for Ellie (Greg's daughter). That'll probably wind up being another blue dress because it's easier. I'm hoping to complete these so that I can begin working on clothes for myself.
I've been eying this cute maxi dress pattern I found at Running With Scissors.
I'm not willing to pay for the pattern, so I'll try to figure that one out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment