Background

Saturday, August 25, 2012

In the Garden

We've been doing our B2E garden now for several months and things are going beautifully!  Our arugula is ready for harvest (I didn't realize just how spicy it was), and we also have baby chard...but only for a week or so longer because then it'll become full-grown chard.  So Yummy.  And so pretty.

Matt and I have started paving the walkways between garden beds.  We found these




We didn't get them from HSN...Lowes had them for $23, which gets you two molds.  Each 60 lb bag of Quickrete is roughly $3.  So for $3 per mold, we figured it was cheaper and easier than trying to put real pavers in the garden.  With these we don't have to level the ground before we lay them...a BIG plus.  Each walkway between the beds will take approximately 10 molds.  So for $30 we can do one walkway. I'm already having visions of a back patio made from these...and maybe a front patio, too.




We've done three already and they looked fabulous.  However, someone decided to move them to a different part of the garden and in so doing broke them up into individual pavers and laid them haphazardly.  They don't look quite so nice.  I might have to use those stones to label my plants within the garden because I'll never get them back to the way they were.

No comments: